Friday, June 8, 2012

Pepacton platform cairn

This is really "old news", but I just realized that I never posted pictures of the platform cairn from Pepacton on the web. I've been linking image locations with Google Earth on my computer, so it helps to have the image posted somewhere, in order to create the link. At any rate, here are a couple of images of the big platform cairn. Still photos don't really do it justice, as it's large enough to park 3 cars on it, end to end.
Looking uphill.

Looking downhill, toward the reservoir.
A stone along the side of the cairn, which has a red tint to it and is standing upright.

2 comments:

pwax said...

Marvelous!

theseventhgeneration said...

Thanks! I have some pics of another site I revisited about 3 weeks ago and have just not had time to post them. Soon, hopefully!