Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stone U

The Stone U is down the hill, where the terrain slopes gradually compared to the other spots I've posted about near Snell. Here is the U:This is the view while sitting in the U:Here is the view looking off to the right from the opening. There is, what appears to be, a standing stone in the near distance. I'll post a better shot of that little rock in the foreground later. Sorry for the blurry photo:Here is a close up of that apparent standing stone:Then, this shot is the complete scene...standing stone, large rock next to that, and Stone U in the background, inside the red box I added for highlight:Going back to the Stone U, the small rock to the right of the half meter stick caught my eye. I'm not saying that this was placed intentionally, but it raised my suspicion enough to take this picture. This shot is looking across the opening of the U:Finally, this is just for viewing pleasure. It is the start of the first stone wall I found on this hike. I thought this cropped image looked good with the pines framing the wall:

1 comment:

pwax said...

The pines behind the wall do make a nice picture.