Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A little site from this past summer

Here's a little site I found driving along a dirt road this past summer. I haven't reported on it because my stop there was so brief, I really didn't take the time to analyze it and thought I'd be back there soon. Well, I haven't been back there yet, so I thought I should post about it now, anyway.

The first sign of anything was driving on the road, looking downhill I could see a small rock pile just downhill. You can just see the road uphill and to the left in this photo:
Another rock pile below the road:
There were a few rock piles down there, not too well constructed and not all in a row, but any semblance of a "grid" would be better viewed when the leaves are off the trees, so I really can't say yet what is going on here.

I thought I should look above the road, too, since this road is of recent construction. Sure enough, just above the road bank I started to see some evidence of rock piles and cairns:


There was also a good view between structures, considering the amount of leaves on the trees. This is overlooking the tallest cairn to a smaller rock structure in the background:
I had some young travelers with me and one of them noticed something resting on the top of one of the cairns. I can best describe this as a piece of leather and possibly, if my memory serves me correctly, it's from a shoe (it's that black thing shaped like a cigar):

This site is about 1 mile to the southeast of the Logan site. I've posted about that site two other times, here and here.

No comments: