Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Barn foundation and a curved wall

The snow was deep again last weekend. I went back to a site I've seen before, to take pictures of a barn ramp that I looked at a long time ago, but never photographed.

First, the way it looks from the road. There is a spring there, and part of an old stone spring structure. These photos were taken at different times, but the one with green shows what's left of the spring house. You may have to click on some of these photos for a better view. The first two also show the flat, barn foundation right at the upper ridge in the photos:



Here is the barn foundation, from the corner, with the ramp in the background:

I hiked straight up the hill, to the next ridge, and found something interesting up there, just above where the barn foundation is located. A curved stone wall:

Here is one end of the stone wall. I've seen this style of construction before.


Here's where I've seen it before. This is a stone wall across the valley:

And there was evidence of more rocks just off the ends of the wall, but I will have to go back out when there is no snow to have a better look at this:

This is the opposite end of the wall:

I think this picture captures the curve in the wall the best:

No comments: