Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Cisterns and the 'Rock Piles are Beautiful' pictures

I wanted to post a few photos of the Civil Corp cisterns I was talking about in the last post. They are all located on state land and are next to roads.

These two are on the same road and only a few 10ths of a mile away from each other. They are also near the old foundation with the claw foot from the bathtub.





This one is just off the truck trail at it's eastern entrance:





The beautiful rock pile is actually stacked stone on a boulder. I had seen it several times before these pictures were taken. This time out, I was following a row of small cairns and boulders when I noticed the sunlight coming through the trees was shining just around the stacked stone boulder. I was some distance away, so I zoomed in to grab this picture quick:



When I walked around to the other side of this site, where the cairns and boulders change into a stone wall, the stacked stone on boulder looked like this:



Now, not to spoil a good thing, but I was trying to modify this picture, to show the stacked stone a little better. Well, this looked cool, so I have to post it:

7 comments:

pwax said...

Gosh you are busy. I hardly have time to read all your posts.

Geophile said...

Interesting. I took some pictures of a Civil Corps spring box on a walk in NY state recently. Very squarish but nice to look at.

pwax said...

Some really good pictures.

theseventhgeneration said...

I'm trying to get as much in as possible before hunting season starts!

theseventhgeneration said...

About the Civil Corp spring boxes - I agree. I like the look of the one on the truck trail. Maybe it was just because that one was low on water and you could see most of the stacked stone. It just looks nice.

Geophile said...

That second-to-last picture IS beautiful, by the way!

theseventhgeneration said...

Thank you!