Friday, November 9, 2007

The Wall Bulge - a better view

I also went back to the wall bulge, which is on the stone wall that runs to the steep bank. I took some photos, now that the leaves are off the trees, and I also checked it out from the other side of the stone wall.

The wall bulge:




And this is on the opposite side of the stone wall:





A nice Manitou stone! This photo shows how thin it is:



The Manitou stone against the stone wall seems to match the stone on the opposite side of the wall bulge (in the second photo), but I did not get a good photo of the thickness on that stone.

This wall bulge is close (225 feet) to the large cairn site, and also is between the large cairn site and the steep bank with all the stacked stones and boulders. As a matter of fact, I went out to see the large cairns with a friend and we could see the wall bulge from the western most cairn. The wall bulge looked like another cairn from there.

I am going to post some more photos of the large cairns, on the Southeast end of the cairn field. The Northwest end of the cairn site will have to wait for more photos until the leaves die off of the wild blackberries. I really can't believe it's November and they still have green leaves on them!

No comments: